20 year passion.... is it worth it and what does it look like?

Posted by ash101883 ash101883
For the last 20 years I have really wanted to get into the criminal justice system mainly focusing on crime scene investigating. Recently I found out that most CSI start as police officers and progress in the field and that is really not what I am looking for. Honestly, I’m not even 100% sure exactly what I want to do. I recently started school to get my bachelors in criminal justice and had to withdraw due to financial aid issues. I stumbled upon this forum and I would like anybody and everybody’s views on how hard it is to get into the field and what it is actually like once you are there.

K K

Re: 20 year passion.... is it worth it and what does it look like?

Crime Scene Investigators actually vary by state. While most of the north east requires a CSI to be a police officer, other states, such as Florida do not. If you have no experience, finding a 4 year bachelor program that has an internship program to graduate is your best bet. Most civilian CSIs get a job offer from an organization they intern with.