20 year passion.... is it worth it and what does it look like?

Posted by ash101883 ash101883
For the last 20 years I have really wanted to get into the criminal justice system mainly focusing on crime scene investigating. Recently I found out that most CSI start as police officers and progress in the field and that is really not what I am looking for. Honestly, I’m not even 100% sure exactly what I want to do. I recently started school to get my bachelors in criminal justice and had to withdraw due to financial aid issues. I stumbled upon this forum and I would like anybody and everybody’s views on how hard it is to get into the field and what it is actually like once you are there.