Actively looking for a Crime scene Investigator/technician position

Actively looking for a Crime scene Investigator/technician position

Nkosi
Hello, my name is Nkosi and I am having the hardest time being able to find a Crime Scene Investigator/Technician position. I have a Bachelor's degree in forensic investigations with a minor in Psychology. I have 3 years experience with the Atlanta police department as an officer, but we processed our own scenes unless the scene caused for us to call out the Crime Scene Technician. I have been putting in applications and sending my resumes out to different departments that are hiring but have not heard anything back. I have even branched out to different states because I am willing to move for the position. If anyone have any advice on what I could do differently or have any networking contacts that could help out please be my guest and let me know. Thanks in advance

N.Kalonji

Re: Actively looking for a Crime scene Investigator/technician position

Sknappa2s
I also think being involved in organizations will help you when you complete your degree.  Check out the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute.  It is not a college per se but it is an organization that certifies people in the forensic field. The phone number is 800-423-9731, ask for Shellie.

Re: Actively looking for a Crime scene Investigator/technician position

Nkosi
Thanks, hopefully this will make me more marketable. I has been unbelievably difficult thus far.

Re: Actively looking for a Crime scene Investigator/technician position

PVT Merryman
My name is Jordan Merryman. I'm a Jr in High school. Im also in the army reserves. I'm a 2nd year at the career center in police science. For my 11th grade academic class I need to do an interview or job shadowing with someone that's in a career that I want to be in when i'm older. I want to someday be a CSI. I was wondering if you could help me. Please and thank you! Hope to here back from you!
                                                    -PVT Merryman

Pvt Merryman,
 I have not yet found a career in CSI as of yet. I am looking myself. I just studied it in college and processed scenes as an officer, but still haven't found a home in CSI. However, I could still try to help out in any way that I can.

Re: Actively looking for a Crime scene Investigator/technician position

PVT Merryman
Thank You, I just need to find someone to interview over email or something