Additional Training Opportunities

cs14
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Additional Training Opportunities

Elizabeth
Most certifications require experience, and no, most of the time internships don't count. I had a bachelors and a 600 hour internship under my belt and that didn't even qualify me for entry level (bachelors / no experience) Tell me how that works ...

Get a job as an officer, or evidence tech (storing evidence) just to get your feet wet. And be prepared to move; I moved over 2000 miles from home for my first job.

Good luck!

Re: Additional Training Opportunities

cs14
Thanks so much! I've already moved 1000 miles for education so moving won't be a problem! How long did it take you to get your first CSI job? And what was your first job?

Re: Additional Training Opportunities

Sknappa2s
Being involved in organizations will help you as well.   Check out the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute.  They have certifications for CCI and related forensic specialties.  The phone number is 800-423-9731.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.