Advice or ideas on what to do for this line of work

Advice or ideas on what to do for this line of work

Katy
Hello, my name is Katherine. Im 15 years old soon to be 16. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to prepare myself for this job in the future. I've been interested in doing something like this for a while now and I just wanted to know if I could do anything that would give me some knowledge in this line of work. I would really appreciate it if I got a response.

Re: Advice or ideas on what to do for this line of work

Katy—

Yes, you can do several things to prepare yourself:

  1. Take classes in biology, chemistry, and math in high school.
  2. Take a technical writing class (usually offered in college).
  3. Stay out of trouble, don't try or use any drugs or marijuana (you will undergo a background check for a job as a CSI or Forensic Scientist).
  4. Do not have any friends that get into trouble or use drugs or marijuana (this will come out in your background check and they will question your judgement).
  5. Decide on a college education. If you want to work in a crime laboratory you should get a degree in Biology or Chemistry.

I suggest you look at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI or Forensic Scientist.

Also, there are over 600 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require. You will find that many jobs require a degree, but some do not. Of course, you will be more completive if you have a degree.