Age Requirements for Forensic Technicians in various states

Posted by michelle michelle
Is there any law that allows various states to set minimum or maximum age requirements for hiring forensic science techs? Found that New York set at max age of 40 and was wondering if anyone has any info on this matter. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: Age Requirements for Forensic Technicians in various states

I would think that setting age restrictions would be considered age discrimination which goes against being an equal opportunity employer.  Unless somehow they obtained a waiver for a sworn position?  But I really don't think that would be very likely.  As far as I know, if you meet all the educational, background, and physical requirements of the job, there should be no reason to not be considered for hire.