Any Crime Scene Techs w/o being an officer??

Posted by lala02 lala02
Does anyone have or know any cities or police departments that will take and train citizens to be crime scene technicians? I know in most you have to be an officer. I'm currently getting my degree in Forensic Science but I'd much rather work scenes than in a lab.

Michelle Michelle

Re: Any Crime Scene Techs w/o being an officer??

What area of the country are you wanting to work in?
lala02 lala02

Re: Any Crime Scene Techs w/o being an officer??

In the midwest area...
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: Any Crime Scene Techs w/o being an officer??

Whether or not CSIs are civilian or sworn depends on the individual department.  The best option for you is to call the employers in the areas you'd like to work and ask what they require and if they will provide you with training.