Any high school prep?

brimayon97@yahoo.com
I'm still in high school, is there anything I can do besides research and college searching to prepare and have experience? I want to do all I can to make sure I have the opportunity to have a CSI job. Any advice?

Re: Any high school prep?

Wilson CSI
Make good grades, take classes that your college of choice requires.  Take sciences and math.

Re: Any high school prep?

Dustin Staggs
contact you local police department and ask if they have any programs for high school students to see and learn about crime scene investigation. its woth a shot.

Re: Any high school prep?

Danielle
- Job shadow (Police, Pathologists, Lawyers, Lab Scientists)
- Volunteer (maybe with local Police, but anywhere is good!)
- Read ANYTHING you can get your hands on about forensics (don't think watching CSI and law-and-order on TV will cut it- it won't! You gotta read a lot! Check out the library for free reads- the more technical, the better!)
- Keep your grades up, keep fit and active, and don't get into trouble with the law, EVER!
- Be well rounded. It is okay if you take autoshop or art or work as a dog-groomer...CSI's need a little knowledge about a lot of things, and you don't want to burn out, either.
- Look into programs for HS students; my university offered a 'CSI' weekend, where students could come and learn about forensic science.
- Attend the AAFS annual meeting if possible- they offer a day for students at the Young Forensic Scientists Forum.