Apprenticeships?

chrissy75
I'm trying to find some apprenticeship in my area so I can get some hands on experience even if it's just observing a crime scene investigation or autopsy.

I'm planning on moving out of state when I graduate this year from my two year online college. I'm currently studying CSI for my associate's degree and I really would like to get an apprenticeship before graduating so I can say I have a little experience.

Alabama doesn't offer much so i've been looking online for jobs in other states as well as some sort of apprenticeship here in alabama while i'm here.

Anyone know of any apprenticeship programs somewhere?
chrissy j.l.

Re: Apprenticeships?

Wilson CSI
Best bet is to go to a local agency and ask to volunteer or intern with their unit.

Re: Apprenticeships?

JoshuaH
I agree i also looked into apprentceships but with no luck the closest you are going to get is applying for volunteer work however you will probably not doing anything major.

joshua

Re: Apprenticeships?

tastery10
I'll say apply for internships and volunteer work in police departments criminal investigation unit. Ask around, meet people, talk to detectives in the area, and just keep doing research. Theres one in Florida, paid internship if you google www.fletc.gov/. Then the FBI, DEA, ATF, etc has paid and unpaid internships and volunteer work