Aspiring Death Investigator

Sarah
Hi there, I'm Sarah and I'm looking to get into the death investigation field. I have an Associate's degree in Mortuary Science and am currently enrolled in classes to earn my Associate's degree in Criminal Justice.
I'm wondering, how many coroner's/medical examiner's offices require a Bachelor's degree for employment? I know there are no formal requirements, but do many agencies prefer a Bachelor's degree?
That will be difficult for me as I do not have a lot of money to pursue a degree, but can anyone recommend a good and relatively inexpensive online school?

Thanks!

Re: Aspiring Death Investigator

csidt1
Greetings Sarah,

The very best source I know of is ICSIA.ORG Mr. Hayden Baldwin :-)

Best of luck <3

Cheers

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Sarah [via Crime Scene Investigator Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there, I'm Sarah and I'm looking to get into the death investigation field. I have an Associate's degree in Mortuary Science and am currently enrolled in classes to earn my Associate's degree in Criminal Justice.
I'm wondering, how many coroner's/medical examiner's offices require a Bachelor's degree for employment? I know there are no formal requirements, but do many agencies prefer a Bachelor's degree?
That will be difficult for me as I do not have a lot of money to pursue a degree, but can anyone recommend a good and relatively inexpensive online school?

Thanks!

http://crime-scene-investigator-forum.1487094.n2.nabble.com/Aspiring-Death-Investigator-tp7574330.html
To unsubscribe from Crime Scene Investigator Forum, click here.
NAML

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.

Re: Aspiring Death Investigator

Sarah--

I suggest you look at the employment listings at http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/employment.html#11 for what different agencies require for Death Investigators. Associate's Degrees in Mortuary Science and Criminal Justice can be qualifying for some agencies. It would help if you had some experience. Many Coroner offices have internships.

--Steve