Association Memberships

Posted by MoniqueL MoniqueL
I would like to become a member of a forensic association - however, there seem to be so many of them, I'm not sure which one(s) I should join! I don't have enough money to join them all.

I would like to join a respected association - one which will provide me with networking opportunities, workshops & seminars and yearly meetings.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't yet have a specialty, so a general forensic association would probably be best at this point.

I've considered:

International Association for Identification
American Academy of Forensic Science
American Board of Criminalists
California Association of Criminalists

Those are just the ones I know about - I'm sure there are many more!