Autopsy of maternal death during labor.

Andrey
I recently read an article about a 34 year old woman who died right after birth from massive hemorrhage. It was referred in this article that the histological and toxicology reports will shed light to the causes of the hemorrhage. Excuse me if I don't use the correct terminology since I don't speak english very well. I am not a forensic investigator. I don't understand (and no matter how much I searched the web I have not found an answer), what do they expect to find out from these kind of reports? For example, if the woman has taken an aspirin before labor and this caused the hemorrhage?