Back Ground Check not good

Natalie
Okay, so when I was younger I got into some trouble. I have 2 DUI's and possesion of marijuana under an oz.....(neither are felonies).
The last arrest was when I was 22 or 23, I am now 30 and totally straight edge.
I'm interested in becoming a Crime Scene Investigatior, but I'm not sure if it is a requirement to have a clean background check???

Does anyone know?

Re: Back Ground Check not good

Wilson CSI
Even though they are not Felonies they are serious charges.  It is up to the individual Agencies and their standards about your past.  Your past will haunt you in court and believe me the defense attorneys will bring it up.  By no means I am saying don't try but just be prepared.

Re: Back Ground Check not good

Natalie
Thank you very much. Those are very good points!

Re: Back Ground Check not good

klrCSI
I agree, the defense attorney will use anything to discredit you in court so that your not considered an expert witness or a reliable source. I'm trying to get into the field my self so good luck!
KlrCSI

Re: Back Ground Check not good

AKCSI
I spoke to my local PD department about this very issue.  What if 20 years ago you did something stupid at age 16 but have been a straight arrow since?  He agreed it wasn't fair but he said that most of the PD's he knows about are hiring what he called "green", meaning young people right out of college or the military that have not had any record at all and the PD can train them the way they want and there is no "baggage".  Personally I think this is a round about way of age discrimination.  They make it almost impossible for anyone that is over 20-something to get into the field.