Becoming a crime scene investigator or related

Becoming a crime scene investigator or related

makaea
Hello, I am interested in looking into becoming involved in the forensic science field. However, I am almost done with my sociology degree, emphasis in law and society. I am looking into the CSI program at UCR, Will I need to get a higher degree more related to be able to get a forensic job. Also what is the best way to go about seeing if I actually want to purse this field before throwing myself and my money in it?
Thanks in advance

Re: Becoming a crime scene investigator or related

makaea—

Having a sociology degree is good, but you need a little more training to meet many agencies' requirements and stand out from all the other applicants competing for a CSI or forensic job.

Yes, I think it is a very good idea for you to take the Crime Scene Investigation Certificate Program at the University of California in Riverside, California to receive CSI specific training. You will do two things by taking this training: 1. You will find out if it is really the type of work you want to do (the program is intensive and the final course is a Practicum where you are in a team and process a major crime scene). 2. You will have a CSI Program Certificate that should make you a more desirable candidate.

The next summer program runs from July 6 through August 5, 2016 at the University of California in Riverside, California. (The University has resources for housing for out of town students.) I teach in the program and believe it is one of the best programs of its kind. We have had students from all over the United States. Many who have received the CSI Certificate have been successful in becoming employed as a CSI. They also have a year-round program but it takes most students 1 1/2 to 2 years to complete the certificate that way.

You can receive more information about the program and/or register at http://www.extension.ucr.edu/welcome/summer/csi1.html

Hope to see you in the program!

makaea wrote
Hello, I am interested in looking into becoming involved in the forensic science field. However, I am almost done with my sociology degree, emphasis in law and society. I am looking into the CSI program at UCR, Will I need to get a higher degree more related to be able to get a forensic job. Also what is the best way to go about seeing if I actually want to purse this field before throwing myself and my money in it? Thanks in advance

RE: Becoming a crime scene investigator or related

jcampbell

Well said!! Thank you.

J-

[...]

This email was sent by Steve Staggs (via Nabble)
To receive all replies by email, subscribe to this discussion

RE: Becoming a crime scene investigator or related

Maria
Una persona murió que vivía en El Dango 3 / apartamentos El Dango III en la población de Cala Llonga , Ibiza , España http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2014/02/10/recuperan-cadaver-desaparecido-acantilados-cala/674093.html