Biohazard effects on pregnancy?

TinaD
I am a Biohazard Technician and my husband and I are trying to have a baby. Does anyone know how blood, feces/urine (human/animal) and our chemicals that are used to clean these situations effect pregnancy? Am I able to even be in these situations and if so will a respirator help prevent any effects to my baby?

Re: Biohazard effects on pregnancy?

Misty
I'm not sure how a respirator will help or not. Personally, I'd not take the chance that something would pass through or you'd have an accident with the chemicals and things you're cleaning would slip pass. I'd ask your OB. If they tell pregnant women not to change a litter box then I'd say you'd be best looking for another position.