Buy Crime Investigation Products

Joe

Buy Crime Investigation Products

Joe
Hi,

I am researching crime investigation and forensics for a project in school. What brands do the investigators buy? I noticed there aren't a lot, and they are very similar one to the other. Is there really a difference?

Re: Buy Crime Investigation Products

Joe--

Here is a list of some of the suppliers: http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/csi-resources.html#6

Suppliers may have similar products, and even some products that are exactly the same (from the same manufacturers). I tend to buy most of my products from the Lynn Peavey Company, but I buy some products and supplies from other suppliers.

I would say most of us have our favorite products. For example, I will only use a fiberglass filament brush and never a camel hair brush, because the fiberglass filament brush works best for me. And the fiberglass filament brush from one supplier is better from the other suppliers. Some fingerprint powders seem to be better than others.

And we all have our own ways of doing things. I may choose to process paper for latent fingerprints with magnetic powder while someone else may prefer to use a chemical process. Basically, you find out what works best for you with both products and processes.

Joe wrote
What brands do the investigators buy? I noticed there aren't a lot, and they are very similar one to the other. Is there really a difference?

--Steve