CCSI IAI Test

IAI CCSI
Hi all,

I am just wondering but I have been preparing myself and studying the materials needed for the CCSI certification now the test is not for months but better to study early than late I wanna be well prepared for when I take the exam but I am just wondering to all of those who have taken the test if the test is all multiple choice or all written comprehensive or is it a mixture of both?

Thanks in advance

Re: CCSI IAI Test

Wiski
Its a computer generated multi choice exam.
Ray

Re: CCSI/CCSA IAI Test

Ray
I am about to take the CCSA myself in a few months, and a friend told me about the computer generated test, (even mentioned that many of the questions were repeated in the exam by the computer), but my question is whether the reading material is enough. I teach Crime Scene Processing, Criminalistics, Forensic Photography, and the such full time to investigators, detectives and special agents. I know most of our procedures we teach are based on the methodology in those texts, but are all the questions on the exam covered by the text? Or is a certain amount of operational experience factored into it? I am not worried too much about the crime scene portion, because Ross Gardner was an Army CID agent, and much of his methods are either derived from the courses I now teach, or the courses have been influenced by Gardner himself. I just want to be as prepared as I can, and know what to expect.

Re: CCSI/CCSA IAI Test

Wilson CSI
I took the Senior level certification 5 years ago.  I got to recert in the next couple of weeks.

From what I remember is you got to keep your authors straight.   One author may say to do things one way and another author will say the opposite.   So questions on the test will go something like according to this author what would you do.

I saw a lot of questions that came from footnotes and little blurbs under pictures in the book.   I didn't rely a lot on my experience because the questions are based on what the author said to do.   And there are some contradiction between the books so really have to remember which author said what.

As for the same question...I had a couple of questions that were round about the same but worded differently.

I would highly recommend Jan Johnson's prep class.