CERTIFYING EVIDENCE COLLECTED

MAGDALENE WILSON-LETNER
QUESTION:  THIS WAS A CRIME COMMITTED IN 1988 IN CA (TULARE). HAIR FIBERS WERE COLLECTED ON A BED SHEET WHICH WAS USED TO MOVE THE VICTIM. WHEN THE SHEET IS PHOTOGRAPHED, IS THE EVIDENCE ALSO CERTIFIED? THE REASON I AM ASKING, IS ALMOST 1.5 YEARS AFTER THE SHEET WAS PROCESSED, SOMEONE WENT BACK INTO THE EVIDENCE ROOM "TO FAMILIARIZE" THEMSELVES WITH THE EVIDENCE AND MIRACULOUSLY FOUND A HAIR ON THE SHEET.

SO IF PICTURES WERE TAKEN AT THE TIME THE SHEET WAS COLLECTED, IS THE COLLECTION PROCESS THEN CERTIFIED SO NO ONE CAN COME IN LATER AND TAMPER WITH THE EVIDENCE?

Re: CERTIFYING EVIDENCE COLLECTED

CSILady86
Kind of a weird way to ask the question so I'll try and see if I can answer what you're getting at. I'd say if the sheet was collected from the scene and was never evaluated for hairs/fibers but was evaluated at a later date because it was later deemed necessary then I'd see no reason the hairs or fibers found wouldn't be considered viable, admissible evidence.