CSI Advice

Posted by Khloegurl Khloegurl
I just recently graduated from college with a Science Degree in Criminal Investigations and have a crime scene tech license....I have been applying for crime scene jobs since 2005!  Without experience, no agency is willing to hire me because due to lack of experience.  What am I to do?  Does anyone have any suggestions??

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: CSI Advice

I would recommend getting an internship or volunteering.  This not only gets you experience, but you also get to know people at the department.  When a job position opens up and you apply, it can't hurt to have them already know that you are a hard worker and that they have already been training you.
Garcia Garcia

Re: CSI Advice

Good luck in your search.  I've been doing this in a sworn position for 5-6 years and worked in a sworn position at a small agency where the officers processed all their own scenes for about 4 years before that.  I've taken numerous classes/certifications and am going for my Crime Scene Analyst certification in October.  I'm really not picking on you...I've never heard of a crime scene tech license- where did you get one?

I would suggest hiring on at a small agency as an officer or deputy- with your crime scene classes, you might be able to build on that and become their crime scene goto person- more so than the other officers.