CSI Hiring Board

I have applied to two CSI positions and been granted interviews both times, however in each case I was not selected as the best candidate. I believe that this is in part due to my board performance. I did not do horrible, but I feel that there is room for improvement. Each board asked me roughly 10 questions ranging in topics from fingerprint analysis, blood evidence collection, how to collect DNA from latent prints, photographing victim wounds, etc.  I was wondering if there are any particular resources that contain suggested study material for these types of hiring boards that I could use to better prepare for the board? I have just been trying to review/cram from all my textbooks and it is just too much to try and absorb at once. I understand that not every jurisdiction will use the same depth/breadth of questions, but I think that anything will help. Thank you.

Re: CSI Hiring Board

Jeremy Miller
It may not even be the fact that you were wrong about the material or answers. It could be the way that you present yourself. Basically all you have to do is show that you know the materials in those interviews, but the way you answer or carry yourself may be the problem. I had an interview on conference call one time because I had applied out of state. My score was decreased because I didn't talk myself up or "brag" on myself. Which I never do anyways. Maybe look at your presentation or the questions they ask that have to do with you as a person not the materials.

Re: CSI Hiring Board

M—

Sometimes you are qualified but don't quite "ace" the interview so they select someone else who came across better in their interview.

Check out these two articles regarding preparing for interviews: