CSI Questions

Ammie
Ok I've tried to research as much as I can and Forensics is a high interest of
mine, but I'm looking to see if getting a certification through Ashworth College will be my ticket
Into my dream career. Can I become a forensic with just the cert.?

Re: CSI Questions

Wilson CSI
My suggestion would be go to a four year college and get a bachelors in a hard science such as biology, chemistry, etc.  Maybe a Criminal Justice Degree.  Colleges don't really offer a "certification" they offer "certificates" for completing their program.  Educations and being in the right place and the right time is the best bet to getting a CSI job.  CSI jobs are hard to get and few and far between.  Education and being willing to move anywhere is the best bet you have in getting a job.

Once on the job then you can work toward certifications such the IAI certifications.  www.theiai.org

Re: CSI Questions

Ammie—

I suggest you look at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI or Forensic Scientist.

Also, there are over 500 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require. You will find that many jobs require a degree, but some do not. Of course, you will be more completive if you have a degree.

Ammie wrote