CSI education - teen level

Denise Krawczyk
My son, age 16, is entering the 11th grade in North Tonawanda High School in NY this Fall, and he is interested in the field of crime investigation.  Where can I find any teen level educational exhibits or forums that he could attend to learn more about this field?  We are located in the Tonawandas, New York State, a suburban residential area of Buffalo, NY.

What kind of opportunities could he get involved with at his age that is in addition to any training or education offered by his current school and grade level?  Free or otherwise, but he does live in a low-income family.

Any and all responses are appreciated and strongly considered.

Thank You,
Denise

Re: CSI education - teen level

Mia Jones
This is exacly the question i need answered my daughter Amy is 15 and is intrested in the same thing your son is! :D

Re: CSI education - teen level

Julie
Check to see if your local police department has an explorer program. They are usually free, or low cost. I started out as an explorer at 13, and have a current carrier in law enforcement. It adds a great deal to his application/resume.