CSI employment

cooper1906
I am currently an Active Duty US Army Staff Sergeant with a B.S. in Criminal Justice. After the military I intend to pursue my initial career plan in law enforcement as a CSI. Aside from the required reading list, what can I do to increase my chances of employment as a CSI?

Re: CSI employment

ChelseaS95
Im going to major in criminal justice as well. What kind of classes did you take? And did you ever intern with a law enforcement agency?

Re: CSI employment

cooper1906
I was enrolled in the basic Criminal Justice 101 courses (Intro to Law Enforcement, Criminology, etc.).  I actually did my internship with a Law Office, cause at the time I was interested in becoming a Lawyer.  What I have found later on is that if someone is interested in a certain law field, it is best to get sponsored from that department, to better the chances of employment. This can be done through the internships as well. At the time I was interning, no one educated me on that concept, so hopefully I have been of some help to you.

Re: CSI employment

Dustin Staggs
Your criminal justice degree will certainly help you out. To see what the different agencies require outside of education, you can look at this websites employment page. It has numerous job listings with the requirements (which will vary for agency to agency). There are links at the top of this page.