CSI interview for my Senior Project

ChelseaS95
Hi, Im required to complete a senior project in order to graduate from my High School.
However, Im supposed to interview 2 people in my career of interest which is CSI.
Is there anyone that works as a Crime Scene investigater whom can contact me to interview?
I would really appreciate your help!
Thanks!

Re: CSI interview for my Senior Project

ChelseaS95
I would really appreciate a response ASAP because this project is due in a couple weeks and Im stressing out! Thanks again!
Liz

How can I help?

Re: CSI interview for my Senior Project

ChelseaS95
Can you answer these questions for me?

1. What do you enjoy the most about your career?
2. What do you like the least about your career?
3. What is the average salary a person can make?
4. How did you get your current position?
5. What is the title of your position?
6. What type of training or schooling did you go through?
7. How can a person advance in the field? (what are some opportunities?)
8. What are some everyday tasks involved in your job?
9. Do you have any advice for a person first entering the field?

For the project, I need to have the contact information of the person Im interviewing for proof, so if thats possible...my teacher just wants to make sure we really interviewed the person we said we did
Thank you! :)
Liz

Re: CSI interview for my Senior Project

Liz
Before I start, I want you to know I am still in the process of looking for a job. I have the education and some experience, but I currently do not work for anyone. If this is going to be a problem, I'm sorry, but I want to be honest with you. My email address is hartm106@gmail.com, that's all I am willing to give out on this site.

I enjoy the problem solving; I always need to use my brain. I also enjoy the simplest thing, the thank you. I love hearing victims say thank you, becaue I was able to help them when they needed the help the most.

I really don't like seeing children hurt. I have worked a number of child abuse cases, and I hate seeing the kids so scared to tell me what happened cause they think it will happen again.

Salary depends on where you work and the cost of living in that area. Some places I've applied to are less than $30,00/year, others are over $40,000/year.

A lot of persistance. It's not easy to get a job in this field, but if you're willing to relocate, it makes things easier. I drove 23 hours for an interview.

Crime Scene Technician

I went through 4 years of school; I have an associates degree and a bachelors degree. Get your degree in a hard science of criminal field (my associates is in criminal justice and my bachelors is in criminal investigations). I also have a 6 month field internship. Experience is a big thing, the more experience you have, the more likely a department is to hire you. Most places say they will substitute education for experience, but I don't think you need to go as high as a master's degree, it really won't make much of a difference.

There isn't really any advancement, unless you move to a higher paying agency. If you want to collect evidence, that's all you do.

Every day is different, there are no "every day" tasks. You work a case, then write a very deatiled report on it. Sometimes you have to go to court regarding a case.

Advice is simple. Don't give up. Don't look locally. When you're applying, apply for anything that meets your education requirements, ignore the experience requirements, because once they run out of people with experience, they need to look somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Re: CSI interview for my Senior Project

ChelseaS95
I emailed you with a couple more questions.
Thanks :)