CSI question

Csifan
Are a crime scene investigator and a criminal investigator the same? If not, how are they different? And do colleges major in these fields or do you have to train at a police academy? I looked at the list of all the colleges to see what they provide because i have to do a career project report for a career that I'm interested in even though i'm 14.

Thanks for your help and God bless y'all.
Liz

Re: CSI question

Liz
A Crime Scene Investigator is more field work, at the crime scene collecting the evidence. A Criminal Investigator is more of a detective, who uses the evidence that has already been collected to piece together the puzzle. To be a Criminal Investigator, you need to be a sworn police officer and work you way up the ranks, but depending on what stat you live in, you don't need any police experience to be a Crime Scene Tech. As for colleges, it's tough because many focus on different aspects of crime, and you would need to figure out what area you specifically want to go into before deciding on a college or university.

I hope this helped you.