CSI

Cheyenne Wright
I'm a High School Senior, I want to go to college to become a Crime Scene Investigator and would like to know,would it be smart to become part of the National Guard while going to college? I was also wondering what are some of the best colleges to go to when wanting to become a CSI?

Re: CSI

Cheyenne—

First of all, I do not know if it would be smart to become part of the National Guard while going to college. It is a good way to serve your country and it would be something you could add to your resume, but I don't have an opinion of how beneficial it would be for you and your situation.

As far as colleges, there are a lot of colleges that offer CSI and Forensic classes and degrees. There are even online degrees. You could start your search for a good college by looking at the following two web pages:

I suggest you look at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI or Forensic Scientist.

Also, there are over 250 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require. You will find that many jobs require a degree, but some do not. Of course, you will be more completive if you have a degree.

Cheyenne Wright wrote