Can My Son have a Career in CSI with a 3rd Degree Felony?

Posted by Jade Jade
Can someone please assist and be honest with me.  My son would like to pursue a career as a CSI Technician and eventually investigator, However he is faced with the challenge of having a 3rd degree felony gun charge?  Will he have  a chance in this career? What State?  Which agency?....Thank you for all your help!

Wilson CSI Wilson CSI

Re: Can My Son have a Career in CSI with a 3rd Degree Felony?

Having a Felony on your record is an automatic disqualification to be a sworn officer.  About all law enforcement agencies will not hire a civilian employee that has a felony on their record.  The only thing he could do is ask some of the agencies he want to work for.