Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

DR.Who
I really like to investigate yet I have a criminal background ...

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Wilson CSI
Sorry being a convicted felon is an automatic disqualifier for being in law enforcement.

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Teresa Rutherford
Crime scene investigators are dealing directly with the most highly classified information of all cases. Background personal checks of criminal records are crucial. Felony is a serious grave crime. A felony conviction can be deleterious when obtaining a career in criminal justice system. As far as I know, tables are most often turned against an applicant with a criminal record especially of felony, but there are exceptions.

I think there is still hope because some agencies might want to consider cases like this, but unfortunately of very least chances. However, you can still go on with your life. Search for other jobs or activities that you may find interesting and different. You may like it better than becoming a crime scene investigator.

Best luck!

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Jen Roy
You can get a provisional pardon and from there get a full expungement and full pardon so yes there is hope write to every congressmen and senator and tell them why they should consider you as a candadite

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

ms. owusu
what ifd it was a misdemeanor and u got and acd

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Wilson CSI
Some misdemeanors can prevent you from getting a job.  It depends on the agency and state you are applying.

As for getting an expungement, on a lot of applications and backgrounds ask if you ever been arrested even if it is expunged.

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

johny66
If you do a little research there are a number of companies that have jobs for felons so it should not be a problem for you to find gainful employment elsewhere. It’s not allowed in law enforcement.

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Krysta North
How would I even start to begin getting a pardon? Who would I talk to or get in contact with? This has been my dream since I turned my life around 5 years ago.

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Wilson CSI
Talk to a lawyer about getting an expunction but you still have to put down you got arrested on your application for law enforcement.

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Sabrina
If it is a state charge then go to the governors office to get the paper work, if on a federal level charge you can also get it online at the department of Justice website to fill in yourself and submit it. Both sites will give you detailed instructions on how, where, whom to send to. Hope this helps. And I say follow your dreams because until death there is always a chance. I know from experience

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

jessica
what if you were charged with a felony but not convicted?

Re: Can an convicted felon become a crime scene investigator

Teresa
I have a felony and two misdemeanors the felony was 13 years ago and it was withheld ajudicated what do i have to do to get a pardon cuz this has been my dream since i was a kid to be a forensic anylist. And i dobt wanna go 4 years to be told no