Career Change

CHoots
I'm seriously considering a career change.  I've been working in corporate America for the past 10 years and know my heart isn't in it.  Is it too late for me to consider a career in forensic science?  I have a BA not a BS so I understand I will need more education.  Did anyone out there start their CSI career in their mid 30s or 40s?  Would a crime/forensics lab hire me or does age play a factor?

I appreciate your advice and insights!

Re: Career Change

Go for it. It's never too late to get into something you love. While there will be some departments that hire younger, there will also be departments that want to hire older, more job-experienced people. It just depends on what department you're applying for and the people that are doing the hiring.

You really should think about maybe just starting out with the Crime Scene Technology certificate, that I think you can obtain from online classes alone. I'm not too sure though, since I have a local school nearby. That way you can at least get your feet wet in it, and it will look good when applying and still in school.

I hope this helped some.