Careers

Helen H.
Hi , i am 14 and i have been told that in the next ten years or so CSI will be a popular career because of all the shows. I am really interested in this profession and eager to get into the job. Do you beleive this or not?

Re: Careers

jersey
CSI is already a popular job because of the shows. But don't get into this line of work just because you like the shows. They are nothing like the real thing.
Liz

Re: Careers

Liz
Don't base your career on television shows. THEY ARE NOT LIKE THE REAL THING! It takes a special kind of person to be able to do this job, and to do it well. Don't think just because you have watched the TV shows, you know how to do it. Seeing dead people on TV is nothing like seeing them in real life. Don't waste your time with something if you only want to do it because of the glamor it's given on television.

Re: Careers

Wally Lind
Hi Helen,
I doubt if CSI shows will be on for ten more years, but I don't think the ranks of CSIs in the workforce are going to shrink, if that's your question. In fact, I suspect that the ranks of civilian (non-sworn) CSIs are going to grow a lot. But the other folks who commented are right. The TV shows don't show the many days where you will be hot or freezing, working in hostile areas, and coming home smelling like road kill.
EFB

Re: Careers

EFB
Well said by all three previous posts.