Cell phone triangulation

Brian
Is it possible to triangulate a cell phone position using a reverse method? For example, if I call a cell phone (using a land line) but the call is not answered, can the position of that cell phone be determined if it is on? My understanding is that a cell phone constantly transmits and if a tower is witihin range, it can then be triangulated? Thoughts anyone?  Brian

Re: Cell phone triangulation

Wilson CSI
Yes it can be done.  You can Ping the phone and based on the towers it is hitting it can get you pretty close to where the phone is located.