Civilian CSI

Matt
I'm not really the police man type but, I am very interested in becoming a CSI. I am aware the differences between real life and the show and been interested in it long before the show even started. Could someone in the field give me some kind of direction on how to become a civil employee as a CSI? It would be extremely helpful and much appreciated. Most police I've talked to about it seem to just push for me to be on the streets and work as an officer. My email is Haroguy1989@yahoo.com just put a subject relating to the matter so it doesn't mark as spam

Re: Civilian CSI

Matt—

Information on becoming a civilian CSI can be found on this website on the Becoming a Crime Scene Investigator page.

There are many agencies throughout the Unites States that hire civilian CSI. You do not need to be a police officer at those agencies. If you look at some of the employment listings on this site on the Employment Page you will see that NONE of them require you to be a police officer.

There have been many discussions on this forum about this. Look in the Careers subcategory of the Forum to read some of the posts.

Matt wrote
... Could someone in the field give me some kind of direction on how to become a civil employee as a CSI? ... Most police I've talked to about it seem to just push for me to be on the streets and work as an officer. ...