Could CSIs have tattoos?

Posted by Christa Franco Christa Franco
could they have tattoos? and if we already have tattoos could we just cover them or do we have to get rid of them?

Hotwired Hotwired

Re: Could CSIs have tattoos?

I imagine that so long as they are covered by your clothing they should be okay - I have a tattoo on my upper arm which is covered by a short sleeved shirt.

A large proprtion of police officers I know have tattoos - particularly officers who used to be in the armed forces - that are covered by their uniforms.

(I am a CSI in the United Kingdom).
Christa Franco Christa Franco

Re: Could CSIs have tattoos?

ok thank you so much
Victoria Victoria

Re: Could CSIs have tattoos?

The department I'm interested in has something on their website saying that starting the end of last year all officers can't have any new tattoos that are above the collar bone or below the elbow or knees.  You might want to check with whatever department your interested in just to be certain.  You can always buy that wrecking balm stuff if you can't have it and you don't mind getting rid of the tattoo.  There are commercials about the stuff.  It is a pain free lotion type solution that after a few weeks makes the tattoo all but dissapear.  I guess it would depend on the department and your commitment to becomeing a CSI.  I hope I helped.
Wilson CSI Wilson CSI

Re: Could CSIs have tattoos?

I agree with Hotwired.  In our department if they are covered by your uniform then there is not a problem.  If you have an existing tatoo that can be seen then the administration will decide on a case by case basis.  But once hired you can not get a tattoo unless it is covered by your uniform. So that means not on your lower arms, hands, neck, head, etc...

what about if I get an initial on my ring finger but it cud b covered by a ring, will that be OK?
Christa Franco Christa Franco

Re: Could CSIs have tattoos?

thanks