Creating a crime scene for forensic science project

Creating a crime scene for forensic science project

Alec
We need to be creative. I was wondering if there would be much blood if the victim was stabbed in the neck, with an icicle. I'm guessing no, especially if the temperatures are below freezing. I'm thinking my victim would have a trickle of blood and drops of water around the wound. Am I correct? Is there a photo or some kind of reference I can use before I stage my scene?
Everyone else is doing gunshots that I've heard. Is my idea even possible? I'm a freshman so I really dont know everything.
Thank you

Re: Creating a crime scene for forensic science project

Wilson CSI
I admit I haven't worked a icicle  stabbing before but I believe if it hit a main artery or vein you will still have heavy bleeding.  I worked stabbings as shootings in freezing weather before and didn't notice any less blood.   I have seen a pool of blood freeze before.

Re: Creating a crime scene for forensic science project

George
Arterial bleeding, medium velocity as a result of a sharp instrument providing if its a arterial wound. Blood droplets will be much larger. Victim on the ground, blood will run to the lowest point, settle and pool.

Re: Creating a crime scene for forensic science project

Elizabeth
No matter what causes the injury, whether it be a knife or an icicle, I would guess it would cause the same amount of blood. It has to do with the body, not the weapon. If anything punctures an artery, there is going to be a lot of blood, plain and simple. Just because it's freezing out, doesn't mean blood won't come out of a hole that's not supposed to be there.

I brought this question up to my partner, and he thought it was funny how you said you're a freshman so you don't know everything. He laughed and said he's been CSI for 40 years and doesn't know everything.

Good luck with your scene