Crime Scene Cameras

jerry
My department is looking into new cameras for the Crime Scene guys, so I'm trying to get information.  What cameras are you Crime Scene Techs using these days?  What lens sizes do you have? Any special equipment that goes with them?  Also, where do you buy your camera equipment?  We previously used a local camera store, but they recently closed their doors.  We need a place that will bill off of a Purchase Order and preferably does repair work too.
Ben

Re: Crime Scene Cameras

Ben
Might help if I knew what state you were posting from.  I'm the crime scene tech for a mid-sized suburban agency.  I'm currently utilizing the Canon T5 with an 18-55 lens, 430 EXII Speedlite Flash, and the Phottix ARES wireless flash adapter.  I have a close up ring set and also have a telephoto lens for up to 300mm out.  This camera has photo and video capabilities.  B&H Photo is probably your best bet for repairs and purchase orders...

Re: Crime Scene Cameras

Erika
At my job we use Nikon 7100.