Crime Scene Inv. with a Medical Examiner's office

Posted by Judy Judy
I will be graduating from Ashford Univ with a degree in Social and Criminal Justice in Feb, 2011. I am interested in becoming a crime scene investigator with an ME. How do I go about applying for this position and do all ME offices require an internship program?

1 Comment

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Michelle Michelle
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Crime Scene Inv. with a Medical Examiner's office

There usually aren't crime scene investigators at a ME office.  They are called Medicolegal Death Investigators.  A background in criminal justice as well as anatomy would be helpful.  We offered a reserve program at my ME office and oftened hired from the reserves to fill an open position.  Check out the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI) for more information at  They offer a certification program for Medicolegal Death Investigators currently employed at a ME office.  Let me know if you have any more questions.