Crime Scene Investigation

Jacqueline
Hello, I am a recent ITT Technical Institute graduate. I was wondering what is it that i can do or where can i get training to become a Crime Scene Investigator. I currently have an Associates Degree on Criminal and Forensic Technology.

Re: Crime Scene Investigation

Jacqueline—

  1. You can look for a job
  2. You can get more training
  3. You can look for a job while getting more training

Look for a job

There are over 500 jobs listed on the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs.

You can sign up for a daily email of new CSI and Forensic Science job postings. The email alerts go out Monday through Friday and have 10 to 20 new jobs each day. Or you can sign up on twitter and receive the new job post alerts that way. Sign up at http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/jobalerts.html

Get more training

You could move on and get a BA or BS in Crime Scene Investigation or Forensic Science. Online and campus based programs are listed at http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/csi-training.html

You could also consider getting a specialized training in Crime Scene Investigations. There are programs that focus just on Crime Scene Investigations. One such program is the Crime Scene Investigation Certificate Program offered at the University of California. They have a Summer Academy in which you can receive specialized training in Crime Scene Investigations and receive a certificate upon successful completion of the program. The Summer Academy starts in July each year and runs for five weeks. People come from all over the United States for the five week training. Having your Associates Degree is good, but a certificate for more specialized training will make you more marketable. More information: Crime Scene Investigation Summer Certificate Program.

Look for a job while getting more training

It doesn't hurt to look for a job while getting more training.

You might also want to chek this page for some more information and ideas: Becoming a Crime Scene Investigator

Jacqueline wrote