Crime Scene Investigator

misskrissiee
Hello, my name is Kristen & I am setting towards being a crime scene investigator. I was wondering what kind of degrees I would need, if any. I really don't want to work in the lab if I don't have to. I am about to take an online course which if you complete it, you get an online certificate. I was reading about needing a criminal justice degree. If so, is it possible to take it online or would you need to go to a college for that? Really would prefer to do it online. Thank you if you could help! Anything that you can give me would be awesome.

Re: Crime Scene Investigator

misskrissiee
I really love to help people and would love to figure out cases for a living.

Re: Crime Scene Investigator

Kristen—

I suggest you look at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI.

There are several online degrees available, including Criminal Justice degrees. You can look through them on the Online College and University Programs page.

Also, there are over 500 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require. You will find that many jobs require a degree, but some do not. Of course, you will be more completive if you have a degree.

Re: Crime Scene Investigator

Daniel
I wanna start out as a CSI then move on to a criminalist, so I am getting an associates degree in criminal justice and then a bachelors degree in chemistry