Crime Scene Investigators- Requirments?

Mandi
I am currently working on my asst. degree in Criminal Investigations and I am so excited to get out and start working, but I am afraid that I will not get hired because I had two felonies on my record that are now misdemeanor. (I have not been in any trouble since these charges which was about 6 years ago.)

My 1st question  is will a Police or Sheriffs department hire me as a CSI if I have 2 misdemeanors on my record?

My 2nd question is can I get my record sealed that way I can get a CSI job?

Re: Crime Scene Investigators- Requirments?

Sara Staggs
The chances of getting your record sealed vary from state to state.  As far as your record, agencies will always look at prior convictions, but they will also look to see how long ago it was, what you have done since then, etc.  It can be circumstancial and can be a judgement call.

Your best resource for information would be to call the agency you are hoping to work for and ask them directly how your history would affect your employment chances.