Crime Scene Technician/Photographer

nmmarin
In 2006 I graduated from The Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University with a Certificate of Professional Digital Photography.  Since then, I have been trying to get into the Forensic Photography field, without much luck.  I live in Mass and have written to many people.  What I have been told is that Forensic Technicians are the ones who do all of the photography. I am very interested in this field, and want to be out there collecting and documenting evidence.  Therefore, I think I should go more towards the Criminal Justice degree instead of a science related major.  The only thing is that I do not want to become a police officer.  Is this a good route to take?  Does anyone have more info on what I can do to get into the field?  I was told that Mass only uses sworn police officers for this type of work, so I think I would have to move to another state.

Re: Crime Scene Technician/Photographer

Desmond
I think you should go into PI field. Oklahoma is one of the worst states at configuring crime scenes based on photos and materal evidence. I was recently in a car wreck and it was a disaster! The other party lied at the scene. It was there fault, but since racism is still an issue here in OK, the officer lied on the police report. I need someone to reconstruct the scene of the accident so fault can be placed where it is due. If u know anyone, I will gladly pay them to get it done. if you hve any questions you can contact me by e-mail at diggs.davis@yahoo.com ty