Criminal Justice Degree vs Forensics Degree

Criminal Justice Degree vs Forensics Degree

Nicole
I got a B.S in Criminal Justice  (Concentration in Forensics) at AIU Online thinking this would help me in accomplishing my goal of becoming a CSI. But I noticed most job postings require a B.S. in Forensics  or other natural sciences...Can my degree qualify for these jobs?

Re: Criminal Justice Degree vs Forensics Degree

Elizabeth
You will never know unless you apply. I have a Bachelor's of Technology in Criminal Investigations, everywhere I applied wanted a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice or other hard science. I got a job. I don't really think the degree type matters as much as the level of degree, and what you learned and are capable of actually doing.

Re: Criminal Justice Degree vs Forensics Degree

A lot of agencies would like a hard science degree.  But there are some out there who are fine with Forensic Science degrees and Criminal Justice Degrees.  All you can do is put in for the jobs and see what they say.

Re: Criminal Justice Degree vs Forensics Degree

Nicole—

Your degree will be fine for a CSI position in a large number of agencies. You just need to look around and ask.

There are over 300 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require.

Nicole wrote