Degree choice

Lrblouky
Like many others, my interest in the CSI field has developed into a passion more so over the last 10 years. However, my current career is far from my ultimate employment objective (which would be in the field, working along side with my local law enforcement  investing crime scenes). I have 2 associate degrees and a bachelor degree in Social Work but my question is, what would the best and most realistic avenue to take to change my career and gain and education within the CSI field? Would a certificate be beneficial or should I get a college degree and if so, should I get my masters or another associate or bachelors? Keep in mind I am 40 so I'm a little late for this.

Re: Degree choice

Lrblouky—

You could also consider getting a specialized training in Crime Scene Investigations. There are programs that focus just on Crime Scene Investigations. One such program is the Crime Scene Investigation Certificate Program offered at the University of California. They have Summer and Winter Academies in which you can receive specialized training in Crime Scene Investigations and receive a certificate upon successful completion of the program. The Winter Academy begins February 5, 2018 and ends March 16, 2018. The Summer Academy starts the end of June each year and runs for five weeks. People come from all over the United States for the five week training. Having your Degrees is good, but a certificate for more specialized training will make you more marketable. Here is the link to the program: Crime Scene Investigation Certificate Program.