Drone usage on a crime scene

nanettefl2
Hi all. I have recently started researching the possibility of using drones in crime scene. If you and/or your agency use drones either on a crime scene or for aerial photographs can you let me know what agency you are with and what state and how long you have been using them? If you have researched drones and decided not to use them can you let me know why? Thanks for all the feedback.

Re: Drone usage on a crime scene

Wilson CSI
A couple years ago at our NCIAI conference there was a class and demo on using drones in crime scenes.    To make a long story short it was good to take high aerial photos but anything 100 feet or closer to the ground the down draft started to move evidence around.   It was sending cartridge casings, paper, etc... Rolling or blowing away.