Education from the UK

cjwatson
i am a student at university in the UK studing BSc Crime Scene Science and I am very interested in coming over to america to work, preferably in the field of fingerprint or footwear analysis. i was wondering if it would be possible for me to come over and work straight away, in theory, or would i have to take another course over in america because of differences within the law systems.

thank you

Re: Education from the UK

Erin Dominguez
Hi!

From which part in UK are you? We have the same situation. I would like to be in contact with you so we can share some ideas. Thanks!

Re: Education from the UK

cjwatson
im from the north east, i study in middlesbrough at teesside university. ah thats good, i dont know anyone else who is wanting to make the move over to america so no one to help me figure it all out. just send me an email if you like c-j-watson@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Education from the UK

Jess
Hi there

I am in the same position as you. Id like to work in the US however I go to uni in the UK and would like to find out more! Are you guys in your final year or do you still have 1 or 2 more years to go?

Re: Education from the UK

cjwatson
im in my final year now, still trying to find out more information about how to go about it. how many years do you have left? im glad im finding other people with similar interests

Re: Education from the UK

Jess
Yeah same with me. Im in my final year too. I hoping to go over to america this summer and try find out a little bit more and see if any of their departments take on students for work placement etc. What is it exactly that you want to do? Im really interested in fingerprints and currently doing my dissertation on fingerprints