Education

Daniel J H
My name is Daniel and im about to graduate high school. I want to be a crime scene investigator then work my way up to become a criminalist. What degree should I get so I can get my dream job?

Re: Education

Wilson CSI
Stick to a hard science like biology or Chemistry.

Re: Education

Daniel—

There are some CSI jobs that don't require too much education, but if you eventually want to be a Criminalist you will need a degree in a hard science like Biology or Chemistry.

I suggest you look at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI or Forensic Scientist.

Also, there are over 250 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require. You will find that many CSI jobs require a degree, but some do not. Of course, you will be more completive if you have a degree.

Daniel J H wrote