Employment

Jennifer
I've recently graduated with a b.s. in criminal justice. Does anyone know of employment opportunities in Jacksonville Florida? I'm looking for behind the scenes work- crime lab etc. Or does anyone know how a recent graduate can get some hands on experience? I am willing to volunteer.

Re: Employment

jd15p
Jennifer, one of the easiset ways to get some hands on experience in forensics is to try and get on with JSO. You would start off as a beat cop and then after your probation time is up, you could request to be moved into the crime scene division. After that, with any luck, you would be able to be a crime scene tech. And with Jacksonville having such a high crime rate, you would get tons of practice and experience. The M.E. also has forensic positions but I don't know how you would get into those or if there are any openings. Those are your two best options that I can give you for that. Hope it helps.

Re: Employment

Jennifer—

There are over 250 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs.

To get in this career field you may find you need to move to a different location to get an entry level job. But once you have worked a while in that entry level position you will have the experience required for other jobs.

Jennifer wrote