Evidence Packaging on Scenes

Kelsey
Hello!
I am conducting a quick survey about evidence packaging:
Does your laboratory package and seal evidence on scene, or, do you use convenience packaging until you return to the lab? Please respond with an explanation of your practices, your lab's name, and whether or not you are ASCLD accredited.

Re: Evidence Packaging on Scenes

Pedro Santos
Hey!

I don't have a lab, but i learned that everything should be sealed at the crime scene to avoid any problems in the court later

Re: Evidence Packaging on Scenes

I been doing CSI work for a good long while.  I do my packaging back at the Lab.   We are in the process of going through 17020 Accreditation.
Liz

Re: Evidence Packaging on Scenes

Liz
We use convenience packages to bring it to the lab. This way, we can process it in a sterile environment with controllable light. We are CALEA certified.