Evidence refrigerators

mppd464
My department is looking for a small refrigerator that our officers can store evidence temporarily.  We have a pass-through evidence locker system but currently we have a small refrigerator with a lock that the officers can use to store evidence that needs to be refrigerated when we are not working.  I have researched some companies such as Sentinel and their system is ridiculously priced, far above what we can afford.  If anyone has such a refrigerator please let me know.

Re: Evidence refrigerators

Every pass-through refrigerator I have seen is ridiculously priced. And using a standard refrigerator with a lock on it is a problem if you have more than one person needing to book in evidence that needs to be refrigerated. It is not wise to give everyone a key to the refrigerator. That compromises the chain of custody.

The last place I worked I designed the evidence processing room for our new police building. We could not afford a pass-through refrigerator, so I purchased a standard refrigerator and then installed several individually keyed gun lockers inside the refrigerator. An officer could lock his evidence in one of the gun lockers and then put the key for that locker in one of the pass-through lockers. It worked well for us, without breaking our budget.

mppd464 wrote