FBI vs Local Authority CSI at a crime scene

FBI vs Local Authority CSI at a crime scene

J.R. Hampton
I'm a writer. I've got a scene (in Houston) where a suspect is shot by a sniper during an FBI takedown. Would local authorities respond with homicide detectives and their own CSI team and Coroner? Or would the FBI use their own people? Thanks!

Re: FBI vs Local Authority CSI at a crime scene

cottonlady
When you have a situation like this one it has a chain it has to follow.  The FBI has it's own people that it has there ready for what ever would happen. So the locals would help in some ways to assist the FBI when they were asked by them; but they would in no way be in charge of the scene. It is all up to the FBI and their people to close the case.

Re: FBI vs Local Authority CSI at a crime scene

Elizabeth
I'm not sure I really have an answer for you. I know when I worked at a department on the east coast, the agency's CSI was allowed to work their own officer involved shooting. Where I am now, a different department in the midwest, we do not work our own officer involved shooting, we send it to the state bureau of investigation to handle. I guess it really depends on your agency's protocols.