Finding cases online?

jantunf
I was wondering if anyone had some useful information in how to look up cases online? Currently, I am trying to find documentation of evidence collected in the Timothy McVeigh case, and I get stuck on what exactly I would type in the search engine.

I have come across problems like this before, when I was trying to search for certain cases that had to do with like GSR, Microscopy, etc.

Any tips anyone?

Re: Finding cases online?

anonymous
http://www.firstliberties.com/whats_next_for_mcveigh.html  -The 4,000 pages of evidence used in the Timothy McVeigh case are being held wih the FBI. They won't produce the information for some reason.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/mcveigh/dawning_1.html -One of his favorite films, the 1984 Patrick Swayze epic Red Dawn, a group of small town teens conversion to guerilla fighters when a foreign army invades America. Like what McVeigh did, the teens stock up on survival gear - mainly guns and ammo - in order to defend their country from annihilation. One of McVeighs favorite books, The Turner Diaries written by former American Nazi Party honcho William L. Pierce, under the pen name Andrew Macdonald, its hero - Earl Turner - responds to gun control by making a truck bomb and blowing up the Washington FBI Building. Two scenarios - all too familiar.

just type in the name of the case and you'll find lots of information, mostly on the news sites. or try to work/speak with the FBI to try to cover some documents.

Re: Finding cases online?

Victoria
You are going to have problems with many cases.  Many cases have sealed records with limited information released to the public.  In cases regaurding terrorism and federal cases the fbi is very carefull to keep this info under wraps.  They don't really want the full how-to getting out for any terrorist to replicate this event.  You could possibly contact the fbi or whatever agency holds the case files and request some limited info for a school purposes, but I am not sure if they would allow this.  There may be books available from libraries or book stores that could also shed some light on the subject.  Unfortunately the web isn't always great for criminal justice related topics.  good luck I hope you find what your looking for