Hello,
There may be a possibility I take an exam in Florida for CSI. I have a BS in forensics but the problem is that that was three years ago. I'm a bit rusty and I don't remember what I used to. I still have one of my old CSI textbooks which I am reviewing, but I was wondering if there are any CSI people who had to take a "Crime Scene Investigation Technical Skills" test. If so, what did the test look like and what in particular do I need to review? I'm a little nervous as this is my first time I'm taking an exam for a job.

csi18 csi18

Re: Florida CSI?

I have been a CSI in Florida for the last 16 or so years. I am on a subcommittee with the Florida division of the IAI, a member of the IAI, I serve on the CS committee on the Organization of Scientific Area Committee (OSAC), and I have to tell you, I have never heard of taking an exam to be a CSI. I have heard some agencies, mainly out in the western part of the country, giving a short "test" during an interview just to see if you are not full of crap. But as for what sounds like a State operated test, similar to a Law Enforcement Officer exam, I have never heard of that here or anywhere in the United States. Are you trying to take the IAI Crime Scene Certification Exam? That isnt mandated to BECOME a csi. That is just something people like to do, and some agencies require it after employment.
kat14 kat14

Re: Florida CSI?

It's a test before the job interview. This seems to be very common for Florida forensic jobs. This test is a 50 question test about forensic and csi techniques that will be graded on the spot. I just want to know if there are any recommendations for good textbooks or guidebooks for this kind of test.
kat14 kat14

Re: Florida CSI?

It's a test before the job interview. This seems to be very common for Florida forensic jobs. This test is a 50 question test about forensic and csi techniques that will be graded on the spot. I just want to know if there are any recommendations for good textbooks or guidebooks for this kind of test.
csi18 csi18

Re: Florida CSI?

I have been doing this for 16 years and have contacts all over the country. This is the 1st I am hearing about this test in Florida. As I said before, there are some agencies that ask questions before an interview and some places that give a short "test" of a couple questions. But what you are talking about, it seems there is some formal test that you can study for like a civil service exam, which does not exist. You can study any book out there in crime scene.
kat14 kat14

Re: Florida CSI?

I guess this is new? It does exist as I just got back from two csi exams. Both were about 50 questions each and they were timed. They seem to be pretty common now as I just took one in florida, another in california, and one in Minnesota is next week. There were about 50 other people there. The questions ranged from basic forensic questions to specific questions about latent fingerprint lifting or photography. I'm surprised you havent come across this yet, this is the 4th timed test I've had to take with a group for a csi job before the interview was even in question. This is pretty common from what I've experienced even in the 3 months I've been applying.

On Friday, January 18, 2019, csi18 [via Crime Scene Investigator Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been doing this for 16 years and have contacts all over the country. This is the 1st I am hearing about this test in Florida. As I said before, there are some agencies that ask questions before an interview and some places that give a short "test" of a couple questions. But what you are talking about, it seems there is some formal test that you can study for like a civil service exam, which does not exist. You can study any book out there in crime scene.

http://crime-scene-investigator-forum.1487094.n2.nabble.com/Florida-CSI-tp7574653p7574675.html
To unsubscribe from Florida CSI?, click here.
NAML